.

I am keeping a diary of food I consume and any symptoms as a record for other sufferers of gall bladder attacks and those who have had theirs removed. After suffering a very long gallbladder attack which lasted 9 days with continuous pain, I was fortunate enough to have surgery recently. I had laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery which leaves you with 4 incisions in your abdomen and your body has no way of processing fat thereafter. Hence this diary/blog for other sufferers.

This diary goes hand-in-hand with my Food Blog which I will still keep up to date with gall bladder friendly meals. Feel free to check out my Food Blog. Also feel free to comment here and ask any questions you like. Follow me for my gall bladder ride.

Now about wind - well this is a blog about gall bladders and digestion problems, after all! With any digestion problems comes the dreaded subject of flatulence. Let's put it out there: farts, fluffs, trumps, firing off, letting off, ripping off, gas, stinkies and passing wind - we all do it. It's nothing to be ashamed about because it's a natural bodily function just like breathing. Now I admit I've always been a farter. I guess that is because I never burp. That's right - I can't burp! So I guess the gas has no other escape except down. Therefore this blog will need to include this smelly topic. If you're offended I am not going to apologise because it's a natural part of life.

When I've recorded my symptoms I've included flatulence in this manor: Mild flatulence = 1-5 farts; Medium flatulence = 5-10 farts; Excessive flatulence = more than 10 farts. So there you have it. It's out there for the world to see. I'm not ashamed of farting and you shouldn't be either *barf* O

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Countdown to surgery : Day 3

Breakfast:
  • 1 piece wholemeal toast
  • Half cup cooked corn kernels
  • Salt & pepper
  • Cup tea with light milk
  • Vitamins
Symptoms:
Nil

Lunch:
Symptoms:

Afternoon tea:
  • 10-12 water crackers with salsa
Symptoms:
Mild flatulence

Dinner:
  • Small T-Bone steak, fat removed
  • Steamed broccoli, cauliflower and potato
  • Tomato and zucchini ratatouille
  • 2 cups tea with light milk
Symptoms:
Slight bloating probably due to drinking 2 cups of tea with dinner. This is the first time in a week I've eaten red meat. I ate the veggies first then could only manage about 6 mouthfuls of meat.

Note:
I needed Ventolin this morning due to a tightness in my chest, like shortness of breath. Back ache during the early evening requiring heat pack. I swept the decks and stairs today then sat in a fairly uncomfortable chair for an hour or 2 so those reasons could be to blame (as apposed to the actual gall bladder). No bowel movement today so took one Coloxyl tablet before bed.

1 comment:

  1. In some cases of flatulence people try to hold the gas and avoid passing it out in such cases it can lead to smellier gas coming out of the system. A normal and healthy human body produces 1-3 pints of gas per day and passes it out approximately 14 times a day.

    ReplyDelete