.

I am keeping a diary of food I consume and any symptoms as a record for other sufferers of gall bladder attacks and those who have had theirs removed. After suffering a very long gallbladder attack which lasted 9 days with continuous pain, I was fortunate enough to have surgery recently. I had laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery which leaves you with 4 incisions in your abdomen and your body has no way of processing fat thereafter. Hence this diary/blog for other sufferers.

This diary goes hand-in-hand with my Food Blog which I will still keep up to date with gall bladder friendly meals. Feel free to check out my Food Blog. Also feel free to comment here and ask any questions you like. Follow me for my gall bladder ride.

Now about wind - well this is a blog about gall bladders and digestion problems, after all! With any digestion problems comes the dreaded subject of flatulence. Let's put it out there: farts, fluffs, trumps, firing off, letting off, ripping off, gas, stinkies and passing wind - we all do it. It's nothing to be ashamed about because it's a natural bodily function just like breathing. Now I admit I've always been a farter. I guess that is because I never burp. That's right - I can't burp! So I guess the gas has no other escape except down. Therefore this blog will need to include this smelly topic. If you're offended I am not going to apologise because it's a natural part of life.

When I've recorded my symptoms I've included flatulence in this manor: Mild flatulence = 1-5 farts; Medium flatulence = 5-10 farts; Excessive flatulence = more than 10 farts. So there you have it. It's out there for the world to see. I'm not ashamed of farting and you shouldn't be either *barf* O

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Countdown to surgery : Day 5

Breakfast:
  • 1 and half weetbix
  • 1/4 cup light milk
  • Small sprinkle of brown sugar
  • 2 cups tea with light milk
  • Vitamins
Symptoms:
Nil

Lunch:
  • Left over pasta salad
Symptoms:
Nil

Afternoon tea:
  • Small tub yoghurt with 1 tablespoon dried fruit & nuts
  • 5-6 water crackers
Symptoms:
Nil

Dinner:
Symptoms:
Nil after dinner, mild flatulence after the apple.

Note: I woke up with back ache again so needed 2 panadol, heat pack and  a lay down until it passed. I also needed Ventolin again this morning due to shortness of breath. I needed more panadol after lunch and another lay down. I laid face down in the sun on the deck and the heat was really therapeutic on my back. I only came inside when I started to burn! Day 3 without a bowel movement. Getting scared! Took 3 Coloxyl before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment